And we continue on with the 2012 photo recap, with this post moving onto the second quarter of 2012. During this three month span the subjects ranged from the usual railroad photos, to submarines, a new bridge, a locomotive shop and a two-day photo charter. So does that mean I’ll pick more photos? Read on and find out…
Yep, for the second installment at the look back at 2012’s photos I decided to pick 9 photos instead of the usual 6. My picks for this three month period include the Connecticut Southern Railroad’s new Hartford Shops grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony, the new Niantic River drawbridge along with the good old Shaw’s Cove swing bridge, both on Amtrak’s Shore Line, a little different look at a train leaving Conrail’s Manville NJ yard, a US Navy submarine returning to the sub base in Groton, a detail shot of a Valley Railroad fireman doing part of his job, and the one event that led to the increase in photos – the Lerro Productions photo charter on the Valley Railroad. For that event, I picked out three of my favorites from the two day photo-fiesta. If you’d like to check out all my photos from the charter, hit up these three links: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.
Check ’em out, and as always I’d love to hear what you have to say about my picks for the second quarter of 2012. And like last time, prints are available for purchase – just click the link at the top of the group of photos to head to the store.
- Checking out the power At the grand opening ceremony of the Connecticut Southern Railroad's Hartford shops, a tour group of attendees check out the CSOR SD40 on display
- P&W NR2 at the new NAN Providence & Worcester train NR-2 rolls through NAN interlocking over the Niantic River drawbridge. Visible in the background is the new drawbridge span, which is slated to be put into service later this year.
- Freight and a Ford A Valley Railroad photo freight pauses at Chester, CT with an antique Ford convertable as a part of the Lerro Productions Photo Charter.
- Fireman in the Dark Valley Railroad fireman Eric Steinberg poses with the Valley's newest locomotive - No 3025 - as a part of the Lerro Productions photo charter and night shoot in Essex, CT
- Over the Creek A Valley Railroad passenger train heads onto the bridge spanning Deep River Creek on the Chester/Deep River, CT town line. A part of the Lerro Productions photo charter.
- Freight over Shaw's Providence & Worcester train NR-2 pulls across the Shaw's Cove swing bridge on Amtrak's Northeast Corridor in New London, Connecticut this morning.
- In the Haze A westbound CSX freight train crosses through Port Reading Junction and Manville Yard in Manville, NJ. The train will be leaving Conrail rails for home rails a couple miles to the south of the yard.
- Saluting a Los Angeles Class A US Navy Sub Veteran salutes the return of the USS Pittsburgh - a US Navy Los Angeles class fast attack submarine - to their home base of Groton, Connecticut
- Turning the key A Valley Railroad fireman turns the key on a padlock securing the signal button at the north end of Essex station.