Presentations, Judging and Lectures
Presentations, judging and lectures
- Connecticut Eastern Railroad Museum, Willimantic, Connecticut – Presentations
- Windham Photography Club, Willimantic, Connecticut – Night Photography lecture & Presentations
- Northeast/New England Prototype Modelers Meet, Canton, Connecticut – Presentations
- Norman Rockwell Museum, Stockbridge, Massachusetts – Presentation
- Berkshire Museum Camera Club, Pittsfield, Massachusetts – Presentation & judge for photo competition
- Amherst Railway Society, Amherst, Massachusetts – Presentations
- Massachusetts Bay Railroad Enthusiasts, Palmer, Massachusetts – Presentation
- November 9-December 29, 2016 – Hidden in Plain Sight – Oliver O. Jensen Gallery, Essex, Connecticut
- May 2015 – Connecticut Shoreline Photo Exhibit – Garde Arts Center, New London, Connecticut
- 2014-2015 Center for Railroad Photograph & Art 2013 Creative Photography Award Exhibit – California State Railroad Museum – Sacremento, California
- November-December 2014 – Selections from A Dozen Miles in a Decade – The Gallery at Photo Connection of Colchester, Colchester, Connecticut
- May-October 2014 – A Dozen Miles in a Decade – Oliver Jensen Gallery, Essex, Connecticut.
- 2013 On Track With Toy Trains at the Marlborough Arts Center, Marlborough, CT
- 2012 Marlborough Arts Center Photo Expo, Marlborough, CT
- 2009 Center for Railroad Photographty and Art – California State Railroad Museum, Sacremento, CA
- 2009 Willimantic Chocolate Festival – ACT Arts Magnet High School, Willimantic, CT
- 2007 Windham Photography Club member’s show – ArtSpace Windham, Willimantic, CT
On Permanent Display:
- Connecticut Southern Railroad offices, Hartford, CT
TRAINS Magazine Annual Photo Contest
- Second Prize – 2015 TRAINS Magazine Photo Contest
Valley Railroad Fireman Mike tosses a shovel-full of coal into the firebox of Mikado No. 3025 as the train pulls a North Pole Express. Taken with an black & white only and infrared modified Canon 30D.
The Center for Railroad Photography and Art 2013 Annual Creative Photography Award
A Mikado and its Reflection
A Valley Railroad North Pole Express passes by Pratt Cove in Deep River, CT with a trainload of families eager to visit with Santa Claus and his elves.
Strobist info: Three flashes. Lumedyne 200 w/s behind the train. Lumedyne 400 w/s to the right near the tracks, and a Norman 200 w/s to the right, about 30 feet from the tracks. All with standard reflectors, and no modifiers. Triggered with Paul C. Buff CyberSync remotes. Pushing the limits of the remotes too - closest flash was about 500 feet away - manual states 400 foot effective range.
Larger version can be viewed here:
Marlborough Arts Center – 2012 Photo Expo
- Second Place – Photography (Juried)
- First Place – People’s Choice (Popularity)
Valley Railroad at Hadlyme Station, Chester, CT
The Valley Railroad's newest steam locomotive - a Chinese built SY dressed up to look like a New Haven J-1 - pulls a trainload of families north on a run of the North Pole Express through Chester, CT. Two Lumedyne flashes provided the lighting, triggered with Paul C. Buff CyberSync triggers.
The Center For Railroad Photography and Art Annual Award
New England Camera Club Council
- 2nd Place Black & White Print – New England Camera Club Council Fall 2007 Interclub Competition – Class B.
(Award on the NECCC site – skip to page 18)
- Honorable Mention – New England Camera Club Council Black & White Pictorial Print Circuit 2008/2009
An empty stretch of track along the New England Central Railroad in Uncasville, CT in the sunlit early morning mist.REF#:_MG_5506-01.jpgView in the gallery
- Trains Hot Spots Guidebook – Kalmbach Publishing. Two photos (Bound Brook, NJ and New London, CT), two sections authored (Springfield, MA and New London, CT).
- EMD SD70 Class Locomotive Vol. 2 – Jason Gregory. Four photos of Providence & Worcester SD70M-2 #4301 and 4302 during and after repainting.
- Along the Valley Line – The History of the Connecticut Valley Railroad – Max Miller. Two photos – one on the front cover and one as the opening photo for Chapter 12.
Brochures & Promotional Material
- Brochures:2014 Essex Steam Train & Riverboat. One photo inside brochure (Double headed steam train with riverboat at Deep River – download brochure here).
- 2014 Essex Steam Train & Riverboat North Pole Express – Songbook cover photograph
- 2014 Bread for Fred Benefit – Donated photograph for event promotional material (posters, website, etc.)
Trackside with TRAINS Calendar
- Trackside with TRAINS 2014 (1 photo)
Providence & Worcester Railroad Company Calendar
- 2005 Company Calendar (1 photo)
- 2006 Company Calendar (2 photos, including the front cover)
- 2008 Company Calendar (2 photos)
- 2008 P&W Railroad Company Holiday Card (cover photo)
- 2009 Company Calendar (2 photos)
- 2009 P&W Railroad Company Holiday Card (cover photo)
- 2010 Company Calendar (2 photos)
- 2011 Company Calendar (2 photos)
- 2012 Company Calendar (Front Cover photo)
- 2013 Company Calendar (3 photos)
- 2014 Company Calendar (3 photos)
- 2015 Company Calendar (Front Cover, March & August)
- 2016 Company Calendar (3 photos)
- 2017 Company Calendar (3 photos – final company calendar due to GWI takeover)
Mystic Valley Railway Society New England Railroading Calendar
- 2005 New England Railroading Calendar (5 photos)
- 2007 New England Railroading Calendar (1 photo)
- 2008 New England Railroading Calendar (2 photos including the front cover)
- 2009 New England Railroading Calendar (2 photos)
- 2011 New England Railroading Calendar (1 photo)
- 2012 New England Railroading Calendar (1 photo)
- 2013 New England Railroading Calendar (1 photo)
- 2014 New England Railroading Calendar (1 photo)
- 2016 New England Railroading Calendar (2 photos)
- 2017 New England Railroading Calendar (2 photos)
Friends of the Valley Railroad Calendar
- 2011 Calendar (2 photos)
- 2012 Calendar (3 photos including the Front Cover)
- 2013 Calendar (2 photos including the Front Cover)
- 2014 Calendar (2 photos)
- 2015 Calendar (Entire calendar – 14 photos)
- 2016 Calendar (3 photos including the Front Cover)
- 2017 Calendar (1 photo)
- 2018 Calendar (1 photo)
Connecticut Eastern Railroad Museum Calendar
- 2011 Calendar (Front cover photo)
- 2012 Calendar (two photos)
- 2015 Calendar (one photo)
DVD Releases:3025 – A Chinese Mikado in the Connecticut River Valley
by Pentrex. Cover photos (both front and rear), photos within the DVD program, as well as interviewed as a part of the DVD program.